Chris John serves as a Vice President and member of the Board of Directors for Catalyzer; he is one of our original founders. On the Board, he represents the entrepreneurial perspective and balances Directors as the designated “exit champion.”Mr. John is an accomplished consultant and is often asked to speak to organizations on various topics related to servant leadership, the financial services industry (where he spent over 30 years), and Scouting. On the latter point, he is an Eagle Scout, father to another Eagle Scout, and remains active in the Western Colorado Council, recently serving as its President. Chris’ business experiences led to his co-founding United Benefits Advisors (UBA), an alliance of the Nation’s premier independent benefit advisory firms. UBA grew to be one of the five largest employee benefits advisory organizations in the United States in only eight years. Prior to this he founded RFG, Inc. (1984), an employee benefits advisory firm and led that organization until its sale in 2014.
Leadership roles he has been privileged to hold include:
– President, Western Colorado Council (WCC), Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
– Vice President-Innovation, WCC, BSA
– Co-Founder, Summit Youth Network Cooperative
– Chair, Western Colorado Exploring Program (BSA)
– CEO and Founder, UBA, Inc.
– CEO and Founder, RFG, Inc.
– National Director, Society of Financial Service Professionals
– President, Austin Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals
– Advisory Board Member, FSC Securities Corporation
– Founding and Executive Committee Member, Austin Technology Council
Chris earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Austin College (Sherman, Texas). He and his wife, Dr.Tina Schroeter, live in Breckenridge, Colorado, where Chris makes optimum use of the outdoors to enjoy back-country skiing (“skinning”) and cycling, his passions. They have three children: Reena, Dorje and Tenzin.